Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Can I view full name of files in File/Open history list?

I commonly open a file using File / Open, then select one of the files I've
recently opened. However, when these files have long names, Word abbreviates
the names on the File / Open list.

This is particularly an issue when I have a long name, with the critical
identifying information at the end (for example: "c:\docs\Richard
Patterson's article, version of 11-04-07.doc" and "c:\docs\Richard
Patterson's article, version of 11-27-07.doc").

Is there any way to view the complete file name before I open the document,
so that I can be sure I'm opening the right file?

Thanks.