Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iansilv iansilv is offline

Default i need to insert a page into a complicated word document

just like inserting another slide into a powerpoint presentation
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

And you're having trouble with ...?

"iansilv" wrote in message
just like inserting another slide into a powerpoint presentation

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristoffer Andreas Berg Kristoffer Andreas Berg is offline

Move the cursor to the place where you want to insert the page. Press
Ctrl+Enter to create a manual page break. Press Ctrl+V to paste the contents
of the clipboard if this is what you want, or simply type in the text you
want to insert. Press Ctrl+Enter to create another page break.

In Normal layout (the View menu), the page breaks are shown as dotted lines.
In Print Layout, you have to click the ¶ button on the toolbar or press
Ctrl+Shift+8 to see the page breaks.

--
Kristoffer Andreas Berg
Programmer on a hobby basis

just like inserting another slide into a powerpoint presentation

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Kristoffer -

Well-intended, but possibly misguided advice :-) since the OP does refer to
a "complicated" document but offers nothing more to go on... Not even a hint
as to what is complicated about the doc.

"Pages" in Word are nothing like Slides in PPt - in fact Word doesn't have
any concept of what a page is. That's why there isn't a simple Insert Page
command. Furthermore, 'forced page breaks' can contribute to document
corruption and disrupt the structure in other areas of a 'complicated' doc.
There are far better ways to control pagination, but determining which to
use requires more info than has been provided thus far.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/26/06 10:24 AM, in article
, "Kristoffer Andreas
Berg" wrote:

Move the cursor to the place where you want to insert the page. Press
Ctrl+Enter to create a manual page break. Press Ctrl+V to paste the contents
of the clipboard if this is what you want, or simply type in the text you
want to insert. Press Ctrl+Enter to create another page break.

In Normal layout (the View menu), the page breaks are shown as dotted lines.
In Print Layout, you have to click the ¶ button on the toolbar or press
Ctrl+Shift+8 to see the page breaks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristoffer Andreas Berg Kristoffer Andreas Berg is offline

Thank you for your clarification. It seems like I have ventured beyond my
competence level :-)

--

Berg" wrote:

Move the cursor to the place where you want to insert the page. Press
Ctrl+Enter to create a manual page break. Press Ctrl+V to paste the contents
of the clipboard if this is what you want, or simply type in the text you
want to insert. Press Ctrl+Enter to create another page break.

In Normal layout (the View menu), the page breaks are shown as dotted lines.
In Print Layout, you have to click the ¶ button on the toolbar or press
Ctrl+Shift+8 to see the page breaks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Not really - and I didn't mean to disparage or discourage. The real point
was simply that - as with many posters - the OP really didn't provide enough
of a description of the problem for *anyone* to offer a responsible
suggestion, and it's typically counterproductive to offer a litany of "try
these 15 things to see if one works" :-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/26/06 3:17 PM, in article
, "Kristoffer Andreas
Berg" wrote:

Thank you for your clarification. It seems like I have ventured beyond my
competence level :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kristoffer Andreas Berg Kristoffer Andreas Berg is offline

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Not really - and I didn't mean to disparage or discourage. SNIP

No offense taken. I appreciated your explanation. It was helpful to me.

--
Kristoffer Andreas Berg
Programmer on a hobby basis
http://home.online.no/~gunnarab

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Good to hear - and that being the case you may also be interested in this
article by MVP Daiya Mitchell:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/PagesInWord.html

As well as the related links.

Also - just so I don't give the wrong impression - hard page breaks are
generally not something to be avoided like the plague In most day-to-day
letters & memos they won't cause a problem. When dealing with more complex
docs, frequent revision, etc. is where they will typically rear their ugly
head.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac