Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poppedijn77 Poppedijn77 is offline

Default Page 25 not displayed in screen but printed as a blank page

I have this strange bug in my Word document, which I cannot solve...

Page 24 is in Landscape and ends with a section break.
Page 25 is not displayed on the screen, but printed as a blank page
Page 26 is in Portrait

Resetting the page numbering does not work and in the show/hide mode I
cannot find any mistake. While scrolling in the document from page 26 to page
24 the cursor jumps back to the top of page 26. Only by moving the bar to
page 22 is the only way to scroll in the document. I need to get rid of this
ghost page 25...

Any solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have apparently inserted an even page section break which will display
the next even page number. The 'missing' page should be displayed in Print
Preview but not in Print Layout View.

Poppedijn77 wrote:
I have this strange bug in my Word document, which I cannot solve...

Page 24 is in Landscape and ends with a section break.
Page 25 is not displayed on the screen, but printed as a blank page
Page 26 is in Portrait

Resetting the page numbering does not work and in the show/hide mode I
cannot find any mistake. While scrolling in the document from page 26
to page 24 the cursor jumps back to the top of page 26. Only by
moving the bar to page 22 is the only way to scroll in the document.
I need to get rid of this ghost page 25...

Any solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It will be displayed in Print Preview only if you're viewing two pages (and
then perhaps only if you're viewing a two-page spread, by virtue of having
"Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins" enabled).

http://word.mvps.org

Poppedijn77 wrote:
I have this strange bug in my Word document, which I cannot solve...

Page 24 is in Landscape and ends with a section break.
Page 25 is not displayed on the screen, but printed as a blank page
Page 26 is in Portrait

Resetting the page numbering does not work and in the show/hide mode I
cannot find any mistake. While scrolling in the document from page 26
to page 24 the cursor jumps back to the top of page 26. Only by
moving the bar to page 22 is the only way to scroll in the document.
I need to get rid of this ghost page 25...

Any solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Most printers don't really like to print Landscape, which requires them to
recalculate everything to print "sideways." They especially don't like to
print Landscape on the back of Portrait or vice versa (assuming duplexing),
so Word servilely accommodates their reluctance by converting "Next Page"
section breaks to Odd Page (or, in your case, Even Page) breaks if you've
given it any indication you will be duplexing (for example, by enabling
"Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even").

You can sometimes correct this by placing the insertion point in the
section that begins with an unexpected even/odd page, going to the Layout
tab of Page Setup, and changing the section start back to "New page."

Other factors that may be in play here a Page 26 beginning with a
paragraph formatted as "Page break before" or pagination being restarted
with an odd/even number, which Word will not allow to fall on an even/odd
page.

http://word.mvps.org