Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
olive

Default Printing same as sreen view

When the document is viewed in Word 'print layout' it is 34 pages long.
After opening the print command it becomes 36 pages long.
Any other document opened next also changes format (eg becomes longer and
text boxes move around generally creating a mess).
When Word is closed and re-oped the document reverts to its correct format
as originally viewed in 'print layout'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner

Olive

This may be because your PC does not have the correct printer driver
installed for the target printer. Call IT and ask for Printer Driver to be
checked.

Example: Word belives it's setup for an HP Laserjet 4000 but is actually
being sent to a HP Laserjet 4050.

Regards
Mike

"olive" wrote:

When the document is viewed in Word 'print layout' it is 34 pages long.
After opening the print command it becomes 36 pages long.
Any other document opened next also changes format (eg becomes longer and
text boxes move around generally creating a mess).
When Word is closed and re-oped the document reverts to its correct format
as originally viewed in 'print layout'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
olive

Mike- Thanks
I checked the Pc- it seems to think it is printing to a canon i560 which is
correct.

In searching around I have noticed one thing that may be relevant :
The document says it is Word 97 but my current software is Word 2003 and the
printer driver is for Word 2003???

This problem is on my home machine- I have asked IT at work but they have no
idea- I am desparate as my whole phd thesis is heavily illustrated (a big job
to reformat) and now unable to print.

Help is much appreciated. Cheers Olive

"olive" wrote:

When the document is viewed in Word 'print layout' it is 34 pages long.
After opening the print command it becomes 36 pages long.
Any other document opened next also changes format (eg becomes longer and
text boxes move around generally creating a mess).
When Word is closed and re-oped the document reverts to its correct format
as originally viewed in 'print layout'.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner

Olive

It could be that you have used a Font that is not available in then ew PC
setup.
1. Open Word and go to 'Tools | Options | Compatibility'
2. Click on 'Font Substitution'
3. Click on 'Permanently Convert Fonts'

Failing the above. Insert the old document into a new container (document).
This method leaves a lot of corruptions behind:
1. Create a new document
2. In new document click on 'Insert | File'
3. Choose the Word document

Regards
Mike