Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alshezusa

Default EDITING A DOCUMENT

I've received a document that's been edited and has the red script and margin
notes still visible. How can I create a ducument without they being visible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Turn off Track Changes

"alshezusa" wrote:

I've received a document that's been edited and has the red script and margin
notes still visible. How can I create a ducument without they being visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"alshezusa" wrote

I've received a document that's been edited and has the red script and
margin
notes still visible. How can I create a ducument without they being
visible?

There are several ways. If you just don't want to *see* the markups, click
on "View" and then "Markup". That will toggle between the two views.
(There's a key combination that does this but I can never remember what it
is.) If you want accept or reject each change, right-click on it and choose
"Accept" or "Reject". If you enable the Reviewing toolbar (right-click on
any toolbar and pick "Reviewing") you will have a number of viewing,
accepting, and rejecting options including "Accept all changes" and "Reject
all changes".

I keep the Reviewing toolbar turned on all the time because, when I'm
wearing my editor hat, I do a lot of--uh--editing.

Note: As someone who's lived through many disasters, I strongly advise you
to make a copy of the original unedited file, give it a related but
different name, and work only with that. On very complex projects it's a
good idea to number edited files sequentially, preferably by date. If I'm
telling you things that you already know, forgive me.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alshezusa

Thanks

"Carol" wrote:

Turn off Track Changes

"alshezusa" wrote:

I've received a document that's been edited and has the red script and margin
notes still visible. How can I create a ducument without they being visible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

1. Turning off Track Changes just keeps any more changes from being tracked.
It does not hide markup.

2. Switching to Final view (instead of Final Showing Markup) will hide the
markup but not remove it. If you plan to send the document to someone else
and don't want the markup to be visible, you must actually remove it.

3. To remove markup you must Accept All Changes in Document and Delete All
Comments in Document. These commands are found on the menus accessed by
clicking the arrows next to the Accept Change and Reject Change/Delete
Comment buttons. You can do this in a copy of the document if you want to
preserve the markup for reference.