Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Selecting print trays for multiple page documents

Hope I can explain this clearly.

I am using a program that operates on a Mail Merge basis. The master
document has 2 sub documents that are always pulled into the document, so
that when requested, 3 pages are printed. I need a way to lock each page
into always printing to a particular paper tray, in the above instance, Page
1 to tray 2, Page 2 to Tray 2, page 3 to Tray 3. Any assistance I can get
to this would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You could look at the following:

Controlling the Printer from Word VBA
Part 1: Using VBA to Select the Paper Tray

However, I think that the easiest thing for you to do would be to install
additional copies of the printer, giving them names of Page1, Page2 and
Page3 and then execute the merge to a new document and then use the
following macro to do the printing:

Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
With Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrintSetup)
.Printer = "Page1"
.DoNotSetAsSysDefault = True
.Execute
End With
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p1s" & i, To:="p1s" & i
With Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrintSetup)
.Printer = "Page2"
.DoNotSetAsSysDefault = True
.Execute
End With
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p2s" & i, To:="p2s" & i
With Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrintSetup)
.Printer = "Page3"
.DoNotSetAsSysDefault = True
.Execute
End With
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="p3s" & i, To:="p3s" & i
Next i
End With

--
Hope this helps.