Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
MLamar MLamar is offline

Default changing to landscape from this point on

I am trying to change to landscape in the middle of the document without
losing my current header. (I tried the section breaks but it puts in a
header from the beginning of the document). How can I change the layout
without losing the current header?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

MLamar was telling us:
MLamar nous racontait que :

I am trying to change to landscape in the middle of the document
without losing my current header. (I tried the section breaks but it
puts in a header from the beginning of the document). How can I
change the layout without losing the current header?

What does "I tried the section breaks but it puts in a header from the
beginning of the document" mean exactly?

Did you already have a header?
If so, how did the orientation change put a header at the beginning if it
was already there?

What Word version?

If you want a portrait-header on a landscape page (i.e. on the narrow side
of the page), you will have to rebuild the header in a text box and place
the text box at the appropriate location...

See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...apeSection.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

When you create the new section, ensure you unlink from previous for the new
Header. From your description, it sounds that you have "Different first page"
as a setting. When you create the new section, this will also have this
settings, and without unlinking what you put in the new Header will also
appear in the first Header.
Use the link that Jean-Guy Marcil has posted for instructions on how to
accomplish what you are after.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"MLamar" wrote:

I am trying to change to landscape in the middle of the document without
losing my current header. (I tried the section breaks but it puts in a
header from the beginning of the document). How can I change the layout
without losing the current header?

Changing the point where text starts Marcel New Users 4 June 25th 23 11:38 AM
Changing to landscape sandi Tables 3 August 14th 08 07:15 PM
Bullet and point form layouts changing. Cam474 Page Layout 1 September 27th 06 03:31 PM
Changing A Certain Type Point Size JT Microsoft Word Help 2 March 23rd 06 04:24 PM
Changing Insertion Point symbol in Word ?? Rab C Nesbitt Microsoft Word Help 0 September 21st 05 05:21 PM