Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
VN

Default Problem to find format in word 2003

I'm using the FIND object to find formats (Format=TRUE, FinText = ""). My
problem is that in WORD 2003 the method execute to aplied to a find object
return FALSE and i don´t can obtain the new range.
In word 2000 i don´t have this problems the method return TRUE and all is
OK. I'm using the API of word 2003 and the problems continues...

Thank's you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke

Can you post the code? How is .Wrap set? Maybe you aren't searching in the
Range you think you are searching (... if you set a breakpoint and select
the range, that should be easy to check)?

Regards,
Klaus

"VN" wrote:
I'm using the FIND object to find formats (Format=TRUE, FinText = "").
My problem is that in WORD 2003 the method execute to aplied to a
find object return FALSE and i don´t can obtain the new range.
In word 2000 i don´t have this problems the method return TRUE and
all is OK. I'm using the API of word 2003 and the problems continues...

Thank's you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
VN

For example with this text: 'This is a text (style bold) with formating.'

Range range(Par.GetRange());
Characters caract(range.GetCharacters());

Range car = caract.Item(longcar);

Find buscar(car.GetFind());

COleVariant FindText;
FindText = "";
COleVariant MatchCase;
MatchCase = (short)FALSE;
COleVariant MatchWholeWord;
MatchWholeWord = (short)FALSE;
COleVariant MatchWildcards;
MatchWildcards = (short)FALSE;
COleVariant MatchSoundsLike;
MatchSoundsLike = (short)FALSE;
COleVariant MatchAllWordForms;
MatchAllWordForms = (short)FALSE;
COleVariant Forward;
Forward = (short)TRUE;
COleVariant Wrap;
Wrap = (short)wdFindStop;
COleVariant Format;
Format = (short)TRUE;
COleVariant ReplaceWith;
ReplaceWith = "";
COleVariant Replace;
Replace = (short)wdReplaceNone;

BOOL resul = buscar.Execute(
&FindText,
&MatchCase,
&MatchWholeWord,
&MatchWildcards,
&MatchSoundsLike,
&MatchAllWordForms,
&Forward,
&Wrap,
&Format,
&ReplaceWith,
&Replace);

if the document is in word 2000 resul = TRUE and the function
car.GetText() return the string 'his is a text ' and all is ok, but if the
document is save with word 2002 0r 2003, resul = FALSE and the funtion
car.GetText() return the char 't' .....

Regards,
VN.

"VN" wrote:
I'm using the FIND object to find formats (Format=TRUE, FinText = "").
My problem is that in WORD 2003 the method execute to aplied to a
find object return FALSE and i don´t can obtain the new range.
In word 2000 i don´t have this problems the method return TRUE and
all is OK. I'm using the API of word 2003 and the problems continues...

Thank's you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke

It's unlikely that there is a new bug in Find... Maybe something else is
going wrong?
Are you sure the document is opened as a formatted document, and not as a
text file (i.e., can you see the file when it's opened)?

There have been some changes in the VBA for opening files from 2000 to
2002/2003, but no changes in Find that I am aware of.

BTW, maybe better collapse the range before the search? Your code depends on
the fact that Word skips the Range if it completely matches the search
criteria, and immediately continues searching downwards. It may be better to
make the code independent of such things.

Regards,
Klaus

"VN" wrote:
I'm using the FIND object to find formats (Format=TRUE, FinText = "").
My problem is that in WORD 2003 the method execute to aplied to a
find object return FALSE and i don´t can obtain the new range.
In word 2000 i don´t have this problems the method return TRUE and
all is OK. I'm using the API of word 2003 and the problems continues...

Thank's you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tony Jollans

Where in this code are you saying that you want to find Bold text?

The Find object is persistent. When you don't specify something explicitly,
any previous setting remains in effect.

You should always be explicit in code, and need to add "Find.Font.Bold =
True" (or the equivalent in whatever language this is) to the execution.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"VN" wrote:
I'm using the FIND object to find formats (Format=TRUE, FinText = "").
My problem is that in WORD 2003 the method execute to aplied to a
find object return FALSE and i don´t can obtain the new range.
In word 2000 i don´t have this problems the method return TRUE and
all is OK. I'm using the API of word 2003 and the problems

continues...

Thank's you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
VN

But i need to find i change of style (not only bold... underline,....) and
with the flag Format = (short)TRUE; and FindText = ""; i think that is
enought. In word 2000 runs ok but in word 2002 or 2003 is wrong; maybe in the
open is the different i'm tested that the document is open as a formatted
document....

Thanks.