Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gene Gene is offline

Default stop auto saving of a duplicate "back-up" copy of document

I want to stop Word from automatically saving a duplicate "back-up" copy of
the document to my Word files. When I open word to retrieve an existing
document I've edited there is a duplicate copy in the file. It is titled
"back-up of........"

Recently I made some changes to my files but don't remember how to undo this.

How do I stop this from happening?

Thanks for your help
--
Gene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have never 'accidentally' lost a document, then you are very lucky.
The first time you do so you will be glad of this function. However, you can
turn it off from tools options save 'Always create backup copy'. Much
better to occasionally delete the unwanted backups. It's not as though disc
space is expensive these days!