Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
rpbsr rpbsr is offline

Default Two-column text with full page width figures

I would like to have a booklet comprising two-column pages. The problem is
that Id like to be able to insert figures the full page width, i.e., that
span both columns. I can do that and have the columns continue from col. 1 to
col. 2 above the figure and col. 3 to col. 4 below the figure. But Id like
col. 1 to continue around the figure to the bottom of the page before
starting col.2, if this makes sense.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Set the text wrapping of the figures to Square and size them to full width.
The text from the top of column 1 will then continue in column 1 below the
figure, and similarly for column 2.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

rpbsr wrote:
I would like to have a booklet comprising two-column pages. The
problem is that I'd like to be able to insert figures the full page
width, i.e., that span both columns. I can do that and have the
columns continue from col. 1 to col. 2 above the figure and col. 3 to
col. 4 below the figure. But I'd like col. 1 to continue around the
figure to the bottom of the page before starting col.2, if this makes
sense.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
krish krish is offline

it works when its figure. How to do this for table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can put the table in a separate single-column section, or you can put
the table in a text box or frame or just set the wrapping on the table to
Around.

http://word.mvps.org

"krish" wrote in message
it works when its figure. How to do this for table?

Hazoma Hazoma is offline
Banned

Wink

My best pal and I enjoy playing driving games together. drift boss is a fantastic drifting game where you may play for hours on end on endless winding routes.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout