ChrisB

Default Page break a table

I'm sure I used to know of a shortcut key which takes you outside a table if
you get stuck in it. To explain what I mean, if you create a table from the
beginning of a document and do not leave a line beneath it, you end up not
being able to create a page break.

I can get around it by splitting the table etc. but I'm sure there's a
shortcut?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:22:51 -0000, "ChrisB"
wrote:

I'm sure I used to know of a shortcut key which takes you outside a table if
you get stuck in it. To explain what I mean, if you create a table from the
beginning of a document and do not leave a line beneath it, you end up not
being able to create a page break.

I can get around it by splitting the table etc. but I'm sure there's a
shortcut?

Anyone know?

Hi Chris,

Using Table Split is one way. The other is to put the cursor in
front of the first character in the top left cell and press Enter.
That will create a new paragraph above the table. If the cursor is
anywhere else in the table, the new paragraph will be inside the
table.

There is always a paragraph mark below (outside) a table, which you
can see if you turn on nonprinting characters with the ¶ button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

ChrisB

Ah ha - I knew there was a way - thank you!

One other question - similar.

If you create a new document, type a heading and format it with borders and
shading - but forget to put a para mark in, you also get stuck.

Is there a quick way out of this situation?

Many thanks
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And you can get to that paragraph mark by pressing Right Arrow twice from
the last cell of the table.

so
all may benefit.

wrote:

[...]

ChrisB

Also, one other query.

In versions before Word XP, you could change a style manually within the
document, then select the style name in the style box and hit Enter. This
updated the style and all the styles in the document.

But now XP is 'helpful' and makes a new style with the changes!

Is there a quick way of updating all the styles in the document - apart from
the obvious one of going to the Style itself and changing it?

Hope that makes sense!

wrote:

[...]

If you've applied the borders as direct formatting, you can get out of it by
either resetting the style (Ctrl+Q) or applying a different style. In the
case of a heading, this should be automatic. At least the first three
heading styles have Normal defined as the style for the following paragraph,
so when you press Enter at the end of a heading (bordered or not), you
should get a Normal paragraph (with no border).

"ChrisB" wrote in message
Ah ha - I knew there was a way - thank you!

One other question - similar.

If you create a new document, type a heading and format it with borders

and
shading - but forget to put a para mark in, you also get stuck.

Is there a quick way out of this situation?

Many thanks
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And you can get to that paragraph mark by pressing Right Arrow twice

from
the last cell of the table.

newsgroup
so