Default How do I format the text in a table with commas?

I am working with a table in MicroSoft Word. I would like to format a column
with commas, of currency text. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Doug Robbins

Word does not have the same capability as Excel in this respect. How about
inserting an Excel Spreadsheet instead of a Word table. Then you will have
all of the cell formatting capability that comes with Excel and except when
you are actually working in the "table" it will appear as a normal Word
table.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"R" wrote in message
I am working with a table in MicroSoft Word. I would like to format a
column
with commas, of currency text. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Sean S.

I tried your suggestion with hope that it would solve my problem with
aligning text vertically in a cell, but the font quality was diminished. I'm
not sure if a printed version would look better, but, on my computer, the
fonts did not look like the fonts on the rest of the page.

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Word does not have the same capability as Excel in this respect. How about
inserting an Excel Spreadsheet instead of a Word table. Then you will have
all of the cell formatting capability that comes with Excel and except when
you are actually working in the "table" it will appear as a normal Word
table.

Doug Robbins

If the text in the Excel "table" is formatted with the same font and size as
you are using in the rest of the document, it should come out looking the
same.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Word does not have the same capability as Excel in this respect. How
about
inserting an Excel Spreadsheet instead of a Word table. Then you will
have
all of the cell formatting capability that comes with Excel and except
when
you are actually working in the "table" it will appear as a normal Word
table.

How do I tie Table Numbers to references in the text? Tim Tables 4 May 6th 23 08:49 PM
Resources for Long Document Management Jason Langkamer-Smith Microsoft Word Help 9 January 17th 05 08:17 PM
Any way to link text with Figure or Table number? Richard Stanford Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 02:32 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Getting the format of a table Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 0 October 29th 04 02:52 AM