ll

Default ALT Insert (question repeat)

I'd like to know why my ALT Insert key is not working. I know there are
other ways of inserting rows in a table, but this is the best way. Do you
think the reason why it is not working now is because is was deselected from
somewhere? Anybody know what makes that key work? Thanks, LL
Klaus Linke

Hi ll,

I don't think there ever was a built-in keyboard shortcut Alt+Insert for
inserting rows.

But you can set it easily:

In Tools Customize Keyboard,
choose "Category: All commands" on the left,
and "TableInsertRowAbove" or "TableInsertRowBelow" on the right.

Then assign Alt+Insert as the new shortcut.

BTW, it you put the cursor to the right of the rightmost cell (at the "end
of row marker") and press "Return", a new row is inserted below.

Regards,
Klaus

"ll" wrote:
I'd like to know why my ALT Insert key is not working. I know there are
other ways of inserting rows in a table, but this is the best way. Do you
think the reason why it is not working now is because is was deselected

from
somewhere? Anybody know what makes that key work? Thanks, LL

No "symbols" line under "Insert" in Microsoft Word 2002 Lee McKnight Microsoft Word Help 6 September 6th 06 04:27 AM
How do I insert multiple jpg files in a Word doc and keep file si. Stonehill Microsoft Word Help 1 January 10th 05 09:51 AM
Insert key bbrock Microsoft Word Help 1 January 6th 05 02:58 PM
Insert Excel Worksheets into Word Document Barb Reinhardt Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 06:30 PM
The Insert Key cjkoeb Microsoft Word Help 6 December 1st 04 01:25 AM