Dave Urick

Default Table of Authorities Catetories

I replaced three categories in my TOA. When the document was worked on, on another computer, the categories changed, defaulting to that person's computer. Has anyone else had this problem?

--
MEGHAN GELSINGER
Shauna Kelly

Hi Meghan

Sadly, Tables of Authorities categories are stored in your normal.dot. If
you open a document using TOA categories on another computer, you can merely
hope that they're the same as yours.

The main problem occurs when you generate the Table of Authorities itself.
The solution is to manually type the heading for the Table using the
category name *you* want to use. Then remove the heading that Word
automatically generates. To do that, move your cursor to the Table of
Authorities and press Shft-F9. Edit the field codes to remove the \h switch.
Then press F9 to update the TOA and Shift-F9 to toggle between display of
field codes and field results.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word