Michael Allen

Default Only first row of Repeated Table Header repeats after save/reload

I have several documents created in Word 2002 with complex tables with 1 or
more repeated heading rows and custom table styles to ensure uniform tables
across the document.

I just upgraded to a new system with Word 2003 and the headings only repeat
for the first line in the table even though previously several of the tables
had multi-line repeated headings with no problems.

This is easily recreated in a smaller document.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed? Is there any hotfix for this problem?

Regards,

Michael Allen
Michael Allen

This looks like is is a backwards compatibility issue with reading Word 2002
table styles.

After some experimentation, I created a new document in Word 2003 and
rebuilt the same table style I had before in the older Word 2002. I then
imported this new table style into the original document, and the problem
went away.

Table headings now behave correctly with multi-line header lines repeating.