diane

Default numeric formatting within a cell

"CKR" wrote:

My employer has recently asked me to switch all of the form templates I
created a few years ago from Word Perfect to WORD. In my job, I chart
medical appointments and insurance payments for the kids at a private school.
So, in the chart I created for the kids, I have wording in some colums and
numbers in others. I need to know how to format only the colums that I
select within the table to automatically show in monetary values so that I do
not constantly have to type in the $ sign and decimal point. I have looked
at all of the dropdown menus and somehow cannot find this feature. Is there
or is ther not a way in Word to assign numeric formating to table cells?

macropod

Hi Diane,

Unless you're using fields (which I wouldn't recommend for simple table
maintenance), there is nothing you can set in Word to force a table cell to
adopt a particular numeric format by default.

Cheers