user79

Default Copy Word Table and Paste Link in Datasheet of MS Graph Object

I am trying to copy a table in Word, then in Word, I am going to
Insert/Object/MS Graph/ clear the datasheet and Edit/Paste Link.This will
allow my MS Graph to automatically be updated with the information in my
Word Table.

The problem, however, is that everything gets pasted funny in the datasheet
of the MS Graph Object. Word puts random blank lines in the data sheet,
pastes the data as horizontal instead of vertically, etc.

Has anyone had this issues, and if so, how did you fix it?
Thanks!

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi User79,

This does not sound familiar, at all. As far as the blank lines and such go,
I'd have to ask: are you sure you don't have any paragraph marks (places
where one pressed ENTER) in the table cells? Or empty rows? Merged cells?

I am trying to copy a table in Word, then in Word, I am going to
Insert/Object/MS Graph/ clear the datasheet and Edit/Paste Link.This will
allow my MS Graph to automatically be updated with the information in my
Word Table.

The problem, however, is that everything gets pasted funny in the datasheet
of the MS Graph Object. Word puts random blank lines in the data sheet,
pastes the data as horizontal instead of vertically, etc.

Has anyone had this issues, and if so, how did you fix it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org