mom2kidzz

Default How do I change my table from reading L to R and then down a page.

Ok I'm having problems with the formatting of my table. I have a 21 page
directory of people with addresses and currently I'd like it to read like 2
columns with 3 cells on each page. The people are arranged alphabetically
going down the 1st column & then 2nd column down. However, the table reads
it left to right then the 2nd row left to right, then 3rd rown left to right.
So when I need to add a new cell, it messes up my formatting further on down
the document. Does this make sense?
How can I repair it?

Instead of using a two-column table, use two newspaper-style columns (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm). If for some reason
you still want table cells, use a single-column table and let it flow from
one column to the next. Keep in mind, though, that Word really doesn't like
very long tables, so it would probably be a good idea to break the table at
intervals.