Viviane

Default How do I creat a scrollable box in word doc?

I am trying to create something like a form in word for my client to type in
feedback on a project we're working on and would like to create something
much like this box. Basically a scrollable box.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:57:03 -0800, "Viviane"
wrote:

I am trying to create something like a form in word for my client to type in
feedback on a project we're working on and would like to create something
much like this box. Basically a scrollable box.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

This should of course be done in a template, on which new documents of
this type will be based.

Display the Control Toolbox toolbar (View Toolbars Control
Toolbox). Click the Text Box button, which places a text box in the
template at the cursor. Drag the box to the desired size.

Now click the Properties button on the toolbar. Set the Multiline
property to True, and set the Scrollbars property to 2 -
fmScrollBarsVertical. Also set the EnterKeyBehavior property to True
if you want the client to be able to start a new line by pressing
Enter. Close the Properties dialog.

Click the Design Mode button on the toolbar to turn it off, and save
the template.

The scrollbar will appear only when there's more text in the box than
will fit without scrolling.

Caveat: The template should be stored in the client's template folder
(the one named as the User Templates folder in Tools Options File
Locations). In Tools Macro Security, on the Trusted Publishers
tab, the "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" box should be
checked. If either of these conditions isn't met, documents based on
the template will either open in Design Mode (if the security level is
High) or pop up a warning dialog asking whether to enable macros (if
the level is Medium).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman