JulieG

Default I can't change a style in a table

I have a table in a document, not sure if this was copied from another
document, this document is based on a template.
BUT
For some reason the table rows insist on using a List Bullet style and it
will not change to be any other style, to work around I have removed the
bullet and indent manually, but as soon as I type something else if reverts
back to List Bullet.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks. JulieG
daricel

I'm having the same problem - it shows up if I copy and paste any portion of
a table. I create BMPs of my tables to use in my WinHELP files and now all
table cells are assigned a list bullet style when I try to copy and paste any
portion of the table. I have literally hundreds of tables that I cannot
copy/paste/revise. Any help anyone can give us will be greatly appreciated!

"JulieG" wrote:

I have a table in a document, not sure if this was copied from another
document, this document is based on a template.
BUT
For some reason the table rows insist on using a List Bullet style and it
will not change to be any other style, to work around I have removed the
bullet and indent manually, but as soon as I type something else if reverts
back to List Bullet.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks. JulieG

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SnVsaWVH?=,

I have a table in a document, not sure if this was copied from another
document, this document is based on a template.
BUT
For some reason the table rows insist on using a List Bullet style and it
will not change to be any other style, to work around I have removed the
bullet and indent manually, but as soon as I type something else if reverts
back to List Bullet.

Which version of Word is involved, here?

If you select such a table, then use Table/Convert to Text, is the resulting
text still formatted with the same style? And can you change the style for
this text?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

daricel

I have recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003.
If I select the table and change the style, the correct style shows.
If I copy a section of the table, when I paste the table, the style changes
to a bulleted list
If I change the table to text, then change the style, save, and then convert
back to a table. My styles will still read by the correct name, however the
text in the cells do not reflect the style in the template. The style being
used is one I created myself, that is not based on another style.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?SnVsaWVH?=,

I have a table in a document, not sure if this was copied from another
document, this document is based on a template.
BUT
For some reason the table rows insist on using a List Bullet style and it
will not change to be any other style, to work around I have removed the
bullet and indent manually, but as soon as I type something else if reverts
back to List Bullet.

Which version of Word is involved, here?

If you select such a table, then use Table/Convert to Text, is the resulting
text still formatted with the same style? And can you change the style for
this text?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGFyaWNlbA==?=,

I get the feeling that what we may be dealing with here are the new table
styles, introduced in Word 2002. But the description doesn't "feel" quite right
for that...

I have recently upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003.
If I select the table and change the style, the correct style shows.

So this is good, and what you'd expect, yes?

If I copy a section of the table, when I paste the table, the style changes
to a bulleted list

When you paste, you paste into an empty paragraph, I take it? With which styles
is this formatted (name, and does it use bullets)?

Could you click the "AA" button at the left of the Styles dropdown list, to
open the Styles and Formatting task pane, please? With the cursor in the table,
what style name appears at the top of this pane?

And when you convert the table to text, what style name? And does the
definition of this style include bullets?

If I change the table to text, then change the style, save, and then convert
back to a table. My styles will still read by the correct name, however the
text in the cells do not reflect the style in the template. The style being
used is one I created myself, that is not based on another style.

By "the text in the cells do not reflect the style in the template" you mean
that it's bulleted?

Ah, one other thing. In Tools/Templates and Addins/Organizer, under the Styles
tab: Are you seeing any style names that include "Char" at the end of the
names? If yes, are any of these names implicated in the "bullets" problem we're
seeing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org