Mal

Default Rotate a table so top is against left margain

I am using Word 2000.
I would like to have a table printed such that the top of the table is
against the left margain as if the table were rotated. If I print in
landscape mode, then the headers and footers are along the long edges and I
cannot just insert these pages into the document by rotating the paper as the
headers and footers would now be left and right. However I want the table
printed in portrait mode, with headers and footers along the short edges but
with the table running across the page. Thus my page orientation remains
portrait. In other words, in the printed document I would have to rotate the
document to view the table.

How do I do this.

Mal

The problem I have is not that the sections are lnadscape/portrait. It is
that the table fits on a landscape formatted page thus the table width is
across the 11" width of a landscape page and the table rows descend from the
top across the 8.5" length. I want to take the table and physically rotate
all text so it reads on a portrait orientation from bottom to top such that
the table widht is now in the vertical direction of the portrait page as if I
removed a landscape page, rotated 90 and inserted in the document with the
top now along the left edge and viewed from the right side of the paper
(which is now the table bottom.) Obviously I can print in separate passes
and manually insert and perpaps get the header/footer correct.

But can this be done internally so all is printed as one. Can the table be
turned internally in the document so it prints as I would like or is this
just too much for Word to do?

"Mal" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000.
I would like to have a table printed such that the top of the table is
against the left margain as if the table were rotated. If I print in
landscape mode, then the headers and footers are along the long edges and

cannot just insert these pages into the document by rotating the paper as

the
headers and footers would now be left and right. However I want the table
printed in portrait mode, with headers and footers along the short edges

but
with the table running across the page. Thus my page orientation remains
portrait. In other words, in the printed document I would have to rotate

the
document to view the table.

How do I do this.

Did you read the article I referred you to? It explains how to put portrait
header and footer on a landscape page. If you insist on trying to rotate
your table, you'll have to do it the hard way, setting it up a quarter turn
rotated and rotating all the text 90 degrees.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mal" wrote in message
[...]

mbgreene

I just did this yesterday (Word 2003)- hope this helps!

1. You might want to copy & paste the table to a new document and save
it as a backup in case you ever need to make changes to it later.
2. Cut the table from the document. If you need to change the page
layout to portrait, this would be a good time.
3. Go to Edit- Paste Special and choose to paste it in as a Picture (I
used Enhanced Metafile). It won't look that good, but keep working with
it!
4. Click in the middle of the table to get the black handles around it
just like you would do on a picture. I used the Drawing toolbar and
went to Draw - Rotate or Flip - Rotate left 90 degrees. That rotates
the table so the top is now the left.
5. I changed the text wrapping (from the Picture toolbar button or
Format Picture) so I could drag it where I wanted it to go. You might
also have to play with the size, etc.

In print preview it may appear that some borders are missing, but if
you zoom in really close you can see that they are there. Since it is
a picture now, you can't edit the table. However, if you keep a backup
of the table in another document, you could edit the original and just
repeat this process.

Good Luck!

--
mbgreene

Dragging table column resets Sedonakids Tables 0 January 12th 05 01:11 AM
Rotate entire table mr magnolia Tables 1 December 9th 04 05:16 PM
Row height problem with table in table Stephanie T. Tables 0 November 23rd 04 03:35 PM
table caption numbering scottkinsey Tables 1 November 11th 04 11:47 AM
Getting the format of a table Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 0 October 29th 04 02:52 AM