Adding rows to tables

Default How do I add multiple rows to a table?

In earlier versions of Word, I seem to remember that clicking
Table\Insert\Rows produced a "how many?" question. Now, I cannot add 10 or
12 rows in the middle of a table. Well, I could enter some one at a time and
then copy and paste, but a product as sophisticated as Word should allow me
to add multiple rows.

Somtimes, I can add multiple rows at the end of a table, but next time, I
can't make that work.

I agree with the OP, though, that this is sometimes not as convenient as
being able to just type in a number. What I usually do is select one row,
right-click, choose Insert Rows, then select the new row along with the
previous one (two rows) and press F4, select the four rows and F4, and so on
until I get the needed number. That's still very inefficient compared to
typing in a number, though.

"Luc" wrote in message
Hello,
Select as many rows as you want to add, click on the button to add rows,
it's the one which you use to insert a table in the standard toolbar. The
shape of the button should change into an arrow pointing at two rows. Word
will add as many rows as you selected. The same thing can be achieved with
the menu table - insert - rows above/below.
Luc
"Adding rows to tables" Adding rows to
schreef in bericht
news
In earlier versions of Word, I seem to remember that clicking
Table\Insert\Rows produced a "how many?" question. Now, I cannot add 10
or
12 rows in the middle of a table. Well, I could enter some one at a

time
and
then copy and paste, but a product as sophisticated as Word should allow
me
to add multiple rows.

Somtimes, I can add multiple rows at the end of a table, but next time,

can't make that work.

StargateFan

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:19:58 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I agree with the OP, though, that this is sometimes not as convenient as
being able to just type in a number. What I usually do is select one row,
right-click, choose Insert Rows, then select the new row along with the
previous one (two rows) and press F4, select the four rows and F4, and so on
until I get the needed number. That's still very inefficient compared to
typing in a number, though.

Yes, esp. when you're on your last empty row and need to add 15 more,
or something g.

I think a template toolbar macro might help. We'd be stuck with
adding a fixed number at any given time (according to what we chose to
write the macro with), but don't see any other way.

I myself modified the Excel toolbar icon for adding rows and put that
image onto the "add rows" toolbar option for Word and put that on my
own table toolbar. I have to click each time, but it does work.

"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

If you have 15 rows to select, you can use Rows Below and 15 new ones (the
content is not duplicated). Also, in earlier versions that don't offer the
Rows Below option, you can get a new row below the current one (in the
middle of a table) by placing the insert point to the left of the end-of-row
marker and pressing Enter. Of course at the end of a table, all you have to
do is Tab.

wrote:

[...]

so
all may benefit.

"Luc" wrote in message
Hello,
Select as many rows as you want to add, click on the button to add

rows,
it's the one which you use to insert a table in the standard toolbar.

The
shape of the button should change into an arrow pointing at two rows.

Word
will add as many rows as you selected. The same thing can be achieved

with
the menu table - insert - rows above/below.
Luc
"Adding rows to tables" Adding rows to

schreef in bericht
news In earlier versions of Word, I seem to remember that clicking

2002 Word Table Rows Sarah LeV Tables 3 January 28th 05 03:31 AM
Dragging table column resets Sedonakids Tables 0 January 12th 05 02:11 AM
How do you add multiple rows to a table in Word? zeldazombie Tables 1 January 10th 05 05:25 PM
Remove Rows from a Table after merging Kevin L Mailmerge 1 December 9th 04 12:13 PM
Can Table AutoFormat apply formatting to multiple heading rows? aubreyco Tables 1 November 10th 04 06:02 PM