Targetdog

Default When I paste the contents of a numbered cell to another in a tabl

When I copy a numbered list from one cell to the cell immediately below it,
Word continues the numbering sequence. If I want the sequence to start over
at 1, I have to select the cell, go to Format and choose the numbering and
Restart. But sometinmes it doesn't alow me to do it. What am I doing wrong?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGFyZ2V0ZG9n?=,

When I copy a numbered list from one cell to the cell immediately below it,
Word continues the numbering sequence. If I want the sequence to start over
at 1, I have to select the cell, go to Format and choose the numbering and
Restart. But sometinmes it doesn't alow me to do it. What am I doing wrong?

It may have something to do with how you're selecting. which version of Word
do you have? If you click in the first numbered line and right-click, do you
get the option to restart in the context menu?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Targetdog

I am using Word 2003. Yes, if I click then Right click, and select bullets
and numbering, the option to restart number is usually active, and when
chosen renumbers from 1. Sometimes, though, it does not have the restart
button highlighted. This may have been due to the stype that was associated
with the cell. I notice that when I insert a row below it does not get the
same style as the row above. Is this what is causing the problem? I notice in
the cell above (copied) one of the syle points is to start numbering at 1.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VGFyZ2V0ZG9n?=,

When I copy a numbered list from one cell to the cell immediately below it,
Word continues the numbering sequence. If I want the sequence to start over
at 1, I have to select the cell, go to Format and choose the numbering and
Restart. But sometinmes it doesn't alow me to do it. What am I doing wrong?

It may have something to do with how you're selecting. which version of Word
do you have? If you click in the first numbered line and right-click, do you
get the option to restart in the context menu?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGFyZ2V0ZG9n?=,

I am using Word 2003. Yes, if I click then Right click, and select bullets
and numbering, the option to restart number is usually active, and when
chosen renumbers from 1. Sometimes, though, it does not have the restart
button highlighted. This may have been due to the stype that was associated
with the cell. I notice that when I insert a row below it does not get the
same style as the row above. Is this what is causing the problem? I notice in
the cell above (copied) one of the syle points is to start numbering at 1.

That's difficult for me to say, without having analyzed the table. It could also
possibly be a glitch in the table structures, though. Sometimes, you can get the
renumbering to "kick in" by going over Format/Bullets and Numbering (instead of
right-click).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org