Fritz

Default How do I insert Excel data as a Word table and stay within margins

I was asked to copy data from an Excel spreadsheet and insert the data as a
table in Word. When I select the relevant cells, copy, and paste them into
Word, the resulting table extends beyond the margins of the page.

How can I resize the table so that it fits on the page? I have tried
autofit to window using percentage and inches, but have had no success with
either.

I ended up pasting the table as a picture, which worked fine, but then I was
told that the end user might want to edit the information, so I should not
insert the information as a picture.

I inserted the data as an Excel object in Word, but then was told that they
thought the data should be inserted as a Word table because the document will
most likely be filed electronically and they don't know whether the system
can handle embedded objects, so I'm back to square one.

Can anyone tell me how to resize the table in a way that keeps all the
formatting and cell sizes in their original proportions so that the table
changes as a whole?

Thank you.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RnJpdHo=?=,

I was asked to copy data from an Excel spreadsheet and insert the data as a
table in Word. When I select the relevant cells, copy, and paste them into
Word, the resulting table extends beyond the margins of the page.

How can I resize the table so that it fits on the page? I have tried
autofit to window using percentage and inches, but have had no success with
either.

Which version of Word are we dealing with?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org