Badar Munir

Default how to create a template table.

hi all.
I am Badar. I am stuck in a strange requirement. I need to create a table
such that the left most column is at top level in bullets (say that is 1),
then the column on the right of that column have bullet 1.1, 1.2, and so on
i.e the column on right goes one level down of the left one. Plz see the
thing below which further helps....

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 ... ....
1 1.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1
1.1.1.2
1.1.1.3
1.1.2 1.1.2.1
1.1.2.2
1.2 1.2.1 1.2.1.1

and so in this manner.

Kindly pull me out of this trouble. Ur help will be higly appriciated.

Muhammad Badar Munir
Software Test Engineer.
Sabri Technologies.
1 Ranjeet Park , Mission Rd,
Lahore. Pakistan

Tel : +92 (0)42 7313431
Fax : +92 (0)42 6316382

this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required
please request a hard-copy version.

I should think this would work using an ordinary outline numbered list.
Define four styles to be used for the four columns. You can make up your own
or use Word's built-in List Number through List Number 4 styles. Link
numbering to those styles following the instructions at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and being
careful to link the outline levels to your four styles. Then apply the
top-level style to the appropriate paragraphs in Column 1, the second level
to those in Column 2, etc. Except for Column 4, don't apply the style to the
entire column, or you'll get every cell numbered. Leave the unnumbered cells
in Normal style or some other style that is formatted the same as your
numbered style except without numbering.

"Badar Munir" wrote in message
[...]

delete
this e-mail from your system.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late

or