Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lea78 Lea78 is offline

Default Blocking out text in a table

I'm creating a table and want to block out certain times (have them
permanently highlighted in black), but I'm not sure how to implement the
block out tool.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

The following will obliterate the text in the selected cell.

With Selection.Cells(1).Range
.Font.Color = wdColorBlack
.Shading.BackgroundPatternColor = wdColorBlack
End With

If you leave the Font Colour as Automatic (which is the default), it will
appear as white when you set the background colour to Black.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP