Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Margaret Bartley[_2_] Margaret Bartley[_2_] is offline

Default When a graphic is visible and when is it not?

Word 2003 -

Please point me to a tutorial on how Word graphics work. I tried entering
some things in the Help lookup, but couldn't find anything useful.

I have a table with several graphics in it. One of the visible graphics has
the Square layout. Several rows above it, I have another graphic that I can
only see the circles at the corners. When I set the layout to this second
graphic as Square, not only does it NOT appear, but the graphic which is
several rows below it (and was fine) gets repositioned 2 rows lower, and my
table is garbled!

I can't seem to understand the relationships between layout and visibility,
especially when I'm working with tables.

Sometimes I just delete the graphic and start over, but sometimes I get
unpredictable results when I send this as an email.

So - I'm looking for some good explanation of what's going on with graphics
in tables.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Margaret

There are two things going on here.

One is about visibility. For that, see
I inserted some graphics in a document, but now I can't see them; or there
is just an empty box where one should be; or my graphics won't print
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrp...leGraphics.htm

The other issue is about how graphics are positioned. They can be in-line or
floating. On the layout tab, any wrapping style other than "in-line with
text" is floating. My general rule is to use in-line unless I explicitly
want text to wrap around my image. And then I float it. For more
information, see
Inline versus floating graphics
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrp...VsFloating.htm

Hope this helps.