Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ropeyarn ropeyarn is offline

Default Word 2007 (under Windows XP): cells unexptectedly fill with color...

...when entering or editing test.

....this behavior happens both when creating a new table in the .docx
format, or when trying to edit an exisiting table in .doc format.

Fill seems to take place across rows. *Sometimes* navigating to a new
cell will remove this fill.

Video drivers are current.

If it's not described well above, there is a screenshot online he
http://www.punditry.org/rmas/word2007-table.gif

Suggestions appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Katsoprano Katsoprano is offline

OMG - thank you - I thought I was going nuts. I haven't figured it out yet,
either - if you do PLEASE let me know. I do a lot of work with tables and
this is so frustrating.

"ropeyarn" wrote:

...when entering or editing test.

....this behavior happens both when creating a new table in the .docx
format, or when trying to edit an exisiting table in .doc format.

Fill seems to take place across rows. *Sometimes* navigating to a new
cell will remove this fill.

Video drivers are current.

If it's not described well above, there is a screenshot online he
http://www.punditry.org/rmas/word2007-table.gif

Suggestions appreciated...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] ropeyarn@gmail.com is offline

"ropeyarn" wrote:

...when entering or editing test.

....this behavior happens both when creating a new table in the .docx
format, or when trying to edit an exisiting table in .doc format.

Fill seems to take place across rows. *Sometimes* navigating to a new
cell will remove this fill.

Video drivers are current.

If it's not described well above, there is a screenshot online he
http://www.punditry.org/rmas/word2007-table.gif

Suggestions appreciated...

It gets worse. I have Office 2007 installed on a laptop where this *does
not* happen.

I'm considering a removal/reinstall of Office..it can't work any worse:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Katsoprano Katsoprano is offline

Default Word 2007 (under Windows XP): cells unexptectedly fill with co

That's not a practical solution for me, unfortunately. I have learned to
work with it - the fastest way to work around it I've found is to click the
toggle button that turns the gridlines off and on - that pops all the blue
cover out. Of course, it returns as soon as you start typing, but it's the
best I've found so far. I cannot believe there isn't more discussion about
this - it has to be happening (and frustrating) to other users! I have also
found that the faster I type, the more I can "see" as I go. Since I normally
type about 120 wpm, that helps, too. K

"ropeyarn" wrote:

...when entering or editing test.

....this behavior happens both when creating a new table in the .docx
format, or when trying to edit an exisiting table in .doc format.

Fill seems to take place across rows. *Sometimes* navigating to a new
cell will remove this fill.

Video drivers are current.

If it's not described well above, there is a screenshot online he
http://www.punditry.org/rmas/word2007-table.gif

Suggestions appreciated...

It gets worse. I have Office 2007 installed on a laptop where this *does
not* happen.

I'm considering a removal/reinstall of Office..it can't work any worse:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dean H. Dean H. is offline

Katsoprano wrote:
That's not a practical solution for me, unfortunately. I have learned to
work with it - the fastest way to work around it I've found is to click the
toggle button that turns the gridlines off and on - that pops all the blue
cover out. Of course, it returns as soon as you start typing, but it's the
best I've found so far. I cannot believe there isn't more discussion about
this - it has to be happening (and frustrating) to other users! I have also
found that the faster I type, the more I can "see" as I go. Since I normally
type about 120 wpm, that helps, too. K

Well, I did the reinstall....and it corrected *nothing*.

Thanks for tip on the gridline tool though...