Richard

Default print what you see

I have a document that includes a lot of links to an excel table which has
values set using Excel "scenario"s. I pick the scenario, copy the cells in
excel, create an excel link from word (which pastes a picture), and then lock
the link. I then go to another section in word, select a different scenario
in Excel, etc.
The document always looks right on screen, and looks right on print-preview,
but is alway wrong when I print.
I can provide the files if needed. It certainly seems to be an obvious bug
(the print does not match the screen).
Suggest you fix it.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Richard

What is wrong when you print? Is it the formatting or the content? And, what
version of Word and Excel are you using?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a document that includes a lot of links to an excel table which has
values set using Excel "scenario"s. I pick the scenario, copy the cells
in
excel, create an excel link from word (which pastes a picture), and then
lock
the link. I then go to another section in word, select a different
scenario
in Excel, etc.
The document always looks right on screen, and looks right on
print-preview,
but is alway wrong when I print.
I can provide the files if needed. It certainly seems to be an obvious
bug
(the print does not match the screen).
Suggest you fix it.

Richard

Shauna,

I am using Office 2003. I have a table in excel (call it table A), and I
have a number of "Scenarios" I run on table A (call them A-S1, A-S2, A-S3).
What I was doing was selecting scenario 1, and then copy the table, and then
in word paste-special-Excel-PasteLink to paste the table in Word. I then
went to Edit and Links, and selected Lock to lock the table.
I then went to excel, selected scenario 2, copied the table, etc etc etc.
I end up with a document with 3 tables, showing A-S1, A-S2, and A-S3.
It all looks rosy, however when I go to print, I end up with a document with
three copies of A-S3.
Bummer.
Cheers
Richard

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a document that includes a lot of links to an excel table which has
values set using Excel "scenario"s. I pick the scenario, copy the cells
in
excel, create an excel link from word (which pastes a picture), and then
lock
the link. I then go to another section in word, select a different
scenario
in Excel, etc.
The document always looks right on screen, and looks right on
print-preview,
but is alway wrong when I print.
I can provide the files if needed. It certainly seems to be an obvious
bug
(the print does not match the screen).
Suggest you fix it.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Richard

I think the answer is that you should not link to the Excel file. Try Edit
Paste Special and choose an appropriate format (I generally paste as a
picture). Don't tick the link box and see how it goes.

Hope this helps.

"Richard" wrote in message
I have a document that includes a lot of links to an excel table which
has
values set using Excel "scenario"s. I pick the scenario, copy the
cells
in
excel, create an excel link from word (which pastes a picture), and
then
lock
the link. I then go to another section in word, select a different
scenario
in Excel, etc.
The document always looks right on screen, and looks right on
print-preview,
but is alway wrong when I print.
I can provide the files if needed. It certainly seems to be an obvious
bug
(the print does not match the screen).
Suggest you fix it.

Ed

I wonder if the fact that all three scenarios are on the same Excel sheet is
affecting what is updated, especially if the Update Links option is selected
(ToolsOptions, Print tab). Even if only for troubleshooting, if nothing
else seems to work, you might try copying your Excel table to three
different sheets and run each scenario on a different sheet. Word may be
seeing your links as the same thing when updating during printing, causing
it to show the same thing at each place.

Just a thought.
Ed