Jacqueline

Default calculations in a table

I have tabel made in WORD 2003, how do I calculate the numbers in the
columns, I don't want to do it manually, how do I get the formula to do it
automatically?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Click in the cell where you want the calculation...then click Table
Formula and choose which calculation you need from the Paste Function
drop down...such as =SUM will total the previous rows.

However, know that I believe it will only total from FILLED cells.
This means that if you have an empty cell...it will start below that
one.

There's another trick...you can use the Word Calculator to highlight
numbers and get a quick total...which might help if you have several
numbers not in a full column/row.

See my free Word tips/tricks ebook for the details...

http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html#word

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified