Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Nightofthehawk Nightofthehawk is offline
Junior Member

Default Delete entire line base on a returned value

I've read a number of posts to remove a line based on a no value being returned but can't find out how to remove based on a specific value being returned.
e.g.
I have a merge line below where 'UK Equity' is text
UK Equity { =100* { MERGEFIELD BenchUK2 } \# "0.0%" }

Currently, if the value returned is 0.0% the merge shows
'UK Equity 0.0%'
However, if the value returned is 0.0% I wish to delete the whole line including the text 'UK Equity' and don't want to see a blank line.

I realise I need an IF statement but I can't find the instruction to delete the line.
I think I need something like this:
UK Equity { IF { =100* { MERGEFIELD BenchUK2 } \# "0.0%" } = 0.0% { 'delete the entire line including the text UK Equity'}

NB. I think I may need an instruction like shift + home + delete, but don't know anything about VBA and how to apply it to the field codes.

Thanks if you can help

Mike