DTL

Default Header(s) & Table HELP!

I have a table that spans 2 pages in a Microsoft Word (2002) document. I
need to allow the table to flow (unsplit) into the second page as it
currently does. This to make it easer to add data to the table in future
iterations.

However, I also need to change the header on the 2nd page to be different
from the header on the first page.

I know that, in order to separate the 2nd page header from the 1st page
header, I need to add a section break at the end of the 1st page. This would
allow me to separately format the header on the 2nd page w/o affecting the
properties of the header on the 1st page.

The problem seems to be that since my table flows from the 1st page onto the
2nd page, unsplit, the "Break" option is not available from the "Insert"
pulldown menu in Microsoft Word. If split the table at the end of the last
row of the table on the 1st page, the "Break" option becomes available from
the "Insert" pulldown menu. I really do not want to split my table.

Is there any other way to achieve the outcome I require?

Thanks in advance -- DTL

Are you going for a different page header or a different table heading row?
If the former, and if you can devote an entire section to the table, you can
use the "Different first page" option. If the latter, well, this is one of
those things we keep asking MS for, and maybe one of these days we'll get
it. For the time being, if you need to add "(continued)" or the like, there
is one way to do it: Add the text to the heading row at the beginning of the
table (it will be repeated on the second page), but on the first page, cover
it with a text box or AutoShape (white fill, no line) anchored outside the
heading row (in the next row of the table is good).

"DTL" wrote in message
[...]

Table AutoFormats vs. Table Styles confusion Tony Jollans Tables 5 March 6th 05 08:18 PM
How do I add headers on to a table of contents? Erica Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 11:29 PM
How do I add headers on to a table of contents? Erica Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 10:49 PM
Table headers Sam Hobbs New Users 12 December 20th 04 08:18 PM
freeze headers in a table Pam Coleman Tables 1 November 19th 04 09:13 PM