Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rob Klaassen (www.backpackpro.com Rob Klaassen (www.backpackpro.com is offline
Banned

Default Mail Merge Documents created Dynamically through Visual Foxpro 8/9

Hi All

I have a mail merge document created in Word (XP) which has a DDE connection
to an Excel spreadsheet generated through code by a Foxpro program.

We have now updated to Office 2007and every time I do a mail merge and open
the files through VFP I get an ' external table not in the expected format'.
The files are stored on the server.

However, when I create the same files on the local machine and open the
files using VFP it seems to work.

Sometimes it is a matter of reconnecting the datasource other times it takes
3-4 times to reconnect.

I have gone into the Tools section and ticked Confirm file format conversion
on open

I do not want my users to have to reconnect to the datasources everytime.
This used to work on previous version on Office.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Any suggestions on how to fix this or provide a workaround?

Thanks

Rob