Woody13

Default putting existing text in a table

I have a time line of dates and events. I wanted to put them in a table but
don't know how to create a table that will automtically break into columns at
the right places. Ay advice?
Luc

Woody,
It all depends on how you typed your timeline, what did you choose to
seperate the dates and events.
Let's suppose you have a different paragraph for each date and event. Then
select all your paragraphs choose Table - Convert - Text to table - choose
paragraph as list separator and you will have a table with one row for each
paragraph.
If you have text with a date a tabstop and an event and then a new
paragraph. Choose tab as the separator and you will get a column for each
tab you applied.
These are only two examples, if necessary you can choose a custom separator.
Or in the worst case scenario you could apply a search and replace to add
your tabs or paragraphs or whatever.
So try it out, and let us know if it worked.
If not holler back and we will try to help some more.
Luc

"Woody13" schreef in bericht