Mathijs Panhuijsen

Default Unexpected soft page break in table with big cells

MS Word 2000 is page-breaking my table in ways that I don't want.

I'm using a two-coulmn table that spans several pages. In each row, the left
column contains a word or two, while on the right is a fairly big body of
text (which may include bulleted lists and so on).
My problem is that even though "Allow row to break across pages" is on
(Table Table Properties), MS Word doesn't always do that. Rather, it fills
half of a page with one row, then starts the new row on a new page. I can't
find a way to fix this.

You can easily reproduce this behavior as follows:
-Create a new Word document.
-Select Table Insert Table
-Make a table of 2 columns, 3 rows.
-Write a short word in each left cell, and a lorem ipsum sample (I used the
one on www.loremipsum.net) in each right cell.
-Word puts the first row on page 1, leaving it half empty. It puts row 2 on
the top of page 2 and then, strangely, *does* break row 3 across pages
(starting on page 2 and continuing on page 3).

If someone can explain this behavior and tell me how to fix it, I would
really really like to know.

Sincerely,
Mathijs
Stefan Blom

Look at the Line and Page Breaks tab of FormatParagraph to find out
whether multiple paragraphs in succession have been formatted with
"Keep with next".

--
Stefan Blom