Lost Dictionary

Default I can't perform a spell check & cannot locate the Dictionary

I cannot perform a spell check in Word 2003 and there is no wavery line under
wrong spellings. I cannot locate the dictionary, even the "Dictionary" on the
tool bar is in a light gray colour and nothing happens when I click it. I
have tried repairing, re-installing, uninstalling and then re-installing,
then twiddled with "custom dictionary" and the check boxes that I have to
check or ncheck as the help page directed, nothing works. Help please?
Lost Dictionary

G'day Word Heretic, no there are only three words in my custom.dic. But
thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Well I just found out the problem after pulling out almost all my hair; I
have discovered that besides the "Option" under the "Tool" heading, there is
yet another place to check these boxes of options. This is located at the
bottom of the Word screen, where the information bar is, just next to the
letters "OVR" the default dictionary is indicated, double clicking this
brings up another pop up window where there are yet another two check boxes,
to indicate if I want the document spell checked with the default dictionary.
This was not mentioned in Microsoft Help manual. Problem solved.

Well Samson lost his strenght when he lost his hair, I gain wisdom when I
lost mine!

Once again Steve, my appreciation and thanks.

Cheers!

Wee - Lost Dictionary

"Word Heretic" wrote:

G'day Lost Dictionary Lost ,

I am wondering whether you have exceeded 500 words in your custom.dic.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Lost Dictionary Lost
reckoned: