Sherry

Default Insertion point after section break

I am trying to create a letterhead template with our
company logo. I have found that in order for the LH NOT
to show on the second page of (when there is one), I have
to put the logo inside the header, then break the link
for the 2nd and consecutive page headers. This is not a
problem. This all seems to work perfectly. However, when
I have closed and re-opened the template, my insertion
point is BEFORE the section break. My users will not see
non-printing characters, so they will not know this.
They want to be able to open the template and begin
typing at that point. If they type at the opening
insertion point, then the section break will move and
could possible move into the 2nd page, thereby placing a
header on the 2nd page. Is there anyway to set my
insertion point at opening to be AFTER the section break?
Or, does anyone have any better ideas how to handle this
whole concept?

The reason just putting the logo as an object at the top
of the page doesn't work is because some users paste into
the doc. When they do this, the object moves to within
the text. I have tried every order of the object I could
to make this not true.

I also tried putting the logo in a table, but again, when
pasting occurs, everything is moved around and jumbled up.

Any and all suggestions or ideas will be appreciated!

Sherry
Rome, GA
garfield-n-odie

Don't use a section break for this. Instead, click on File | Page Setup
| Layout | check the "Different first page" box | OK. Insert the
company logo into the header on the first page.

Sherry wrote:

[...]

Doing that means placing the logo at the top as a
graphic, so when you paste text into the doc, the graphic
moves into the text.

Sherry wrote:

[...]

.

garfield-n-odie

Ummm... no it doesn't. Putting the logo in the header gets it out of
the text layer so that it DOESN'T move with the text. And just because
the logo is in the header doesn't mean the logo has to be at the top of
the page... it can be anywhere you want on the page.

Sherry wrote:

[...]

As garfield-n-odie says, you've somehow got the wrong idea. See
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm