okronin

Default How do I move autocorrect terms I have created to a new computer

I have defined a number of terms in autoorrect to insert phrases in a
document. For example I might define "/GW" as George Washington and that name
would be inserted whenever I type /GW.

I just got a new computer that has Word 2003, and I want to move all of
those defined terms to the new computer but I cannot find where they are
stored by the Word program.

Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...utocorrect.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Graham Mayor

Word's autocorrect can be used for much more than simple text phrases - eg
you could use it to insert graphics or tables etc.

If you would like to extend the concept of autocorrect to other
applications, then an application I came across recently may appeal -
GhostTyper http://www.sc-data.de/ghosttyper/en/index.php3. It has proved
invaluable for inserting hard to remember web links in newsgroup postings,
for example. There's a trial available.

okronin wrote:
I have defined a number of terms in autoorrect to insert phrases in a
document. For example I might define "/GW" as George Washington and
that name would be inserted whenever I type /GW.

I just got a new computer that has Word 2003, and I want to move all
of those defined terms to the new computer but I cannot find where
they are stored by the Word program.

Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step
instructions on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations
including AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros,
etc. You can download a utility to backup, move, or edit Autocorrect entries
from URL:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Customization/ExportAutocorrect.htm

--

Charles Kenyon