Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lee

Default how do I tell a macro how many times to repeat

After I've recorded a macro, how do I tell it how many times I want it to
repeat?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

By coding repetition into your macro. You can't record this, you have to go
into the vba editor and write computer code.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ordedMacro.htm

What is your macro doing? There may be a better tool than a macro.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"lee" wrote in message
After I've recorded a macro, how do I tell it how many times I want it to
repeat?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

If you want to repeat an entire macro a certain number of time, you
would need to call it that number of time. For example the following
code calls the macro named "CountDown" ten times:

Sub Test()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To 10
CountDown i
Next i
MsgBox "We have a liftoff."
End Sub
Sub CountDown(i As Long)
MsgBox "T-" & 11 - i & " seconds and counting."
End Sub

If your macro is performing a specific steps and you want to repeat
that step you would use a similiar construction to repeat the step:

Sub Test()
Dim i As Long
MsgBox "T-10 seconds. We have main motor start."
For i = 1 To 9
MsgBox "T-" & 10 - i
Next i
MsgBox "We have a liftoff."