Jaykay

Default Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP)

Some rows in a particular table have a problem with all their cells. The
vertical space available for entering text will not expand above about 1/8"
despite any changes I make in (a) row height, (b) interior cell margins, (c)
font size, (d) 'expand to fit contents' feature and (e) text alignment within
cells, either vertical or horizontal. I don't know whether the following has
anything to do with the problem:- the table in question has been converted
from WordPerfect 8 format. The existing rows of cells converted without this
problem, but all the new rows I've inserted do have the problem, whether I
insert using the Tables drop-down menu or insert by clicking in the bottom
right hand cell of the table. I haven't had this problem with tables created
from scratch in Word, so -- is this something that can be attributed to the
table's WordPerfect origin? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Jaykay
Stefan Blom

With the problem text selected, choose Paragraph on the Format menu.
Click the Indents and Spacing tab. Look at the setting for "Line
Spacing". If it is set to "Exactly" or "Multiple", change it to
"Single" instead. Does this solve your problem?

--
Stefan Blom

"Jaykay" wrote in message
[...]

WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 6th 05 12:23 AM
How to change merge forms from Word Perfect to Microsoft Word dollfindance Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 04:35 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Word 2003 Table AutoFormat vs Macro vs VBA Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 1 October 28th 04 03:14 PM