WayneM

Default Can't Print Word Table Gridlines

I am creating a Word document with VB6, but on one particular printer, an
HP722C, the grid lines of a table does not print. I can see it in Word, but
it doesn't print.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with that printer or perhaps a Word
template?

Thanks in Advance,

WayneM
Jay Freedman

WayneM wrote:
I am creating a Word document with VB6, but on one particular
printer, an HP722C, the grid lines of a table does not print. I can
see it in Word, but it doesn't print.

Does anyone know if this is an issue with that printer or perhaps a
Word template?

Thanks in Advance,

WayneM

Hi Wayne,

Make sure you're looking at the right thing. In Word, "gridlines" are always
nonprinting, and they can be displayed or hidden on screen. The "borders"
are the printable counterparts; if you can see them on screen, they'll
print. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm for a
discussion.

I've heard of some printers that have trouble printing thin lines, but
they're mostly old dot-matrix printers, not inkjets.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

WayneM

Jay,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I mean borders - that is the borders
around a standard table in Word. I can see it on the screen, but it doesn't
print. It is only with this computer/printer. The same document is fine on
another system.

Thanks,

Wayne

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

WayneM wrote:
[...]

Cowtoon

Wayne,
There could be one of two things happening.

1. I think you might be simply looking at gridlines on your screen. Go to
print preview to see if borders are present. To determine if you have
applied borders or not ... on the menu bar, click table, see if "hide
gridlines" is listed, if so, click it. If you no longer see any borders,
then all you "were" seeing on your monitor were guides to show the boundary
of the table cells. You'll simply need to apply borders to your table.

2. Alternatively, your print dialogue box may not be printing drawing
objects. When you are in the print dialogue box, click the options botton
(bottom left), make sure drawing objects or graphics or something like that
is selected.

I hope that one of the above helps you.
Diana