JAMES BOND

Default Trouble shoot Table of Contents

I typed a document with 12 pages of headings. I generated a TOC and the first
6 sections were perfect in the TOC (The heading and page numbers were
there.) After that the other 6 TOC entries came up but were followed by all
the text (in dark background) in that section. How can I generate the Doc so
that I wont have to manually delete the text to acquire the other 6 TOC page
entries. I used the simple method - INSERT, REFERENCE, INDEX AND TABLES, TOC,
LEVEL 1, TAB LEADERS, SHOW PAGE NUMBERS, RIGHT ALIGN PAGE NUMBERS, FORMAT
FROM TEMPLATE.

The likelihood is that you got the text inside the bookmark created when you
first generated the TOC. What you could try is to select just the heading,
go to Insert | Bookmark, check the box for "Show hidden bookmarks," and
select the radio button for "Location." The bookmark that is highlighted
will be the one for the heading selected. Click Add to reapply it to just
the heading.