Neil Jarman

Default Labels problem with Word 97

Hi,

I have a client still using Office 97!

They have a third party application which exports to a labels document in
Word.

Everytime the computer is shut down and re-started, Word defaults to a 1 x 6
narrow label, whereas L7160 3 x 7 are required.

I have tried to alter the default labels and once done, it remains in place
during the computer's session, including closing Word entirely, but not
after a re-start.

As a non-expert Word user, I'm completely baffled.

Any ideas are greatfully received.

NEIL

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Create and save a mailmerge main document that is based on the required
labels and use that rather than start with the Envelopes and Labels item
each time.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Neil Jarman" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a client still using Office 97!

They have a third party application which exports to a labels document in
Word.

Everytime the computer is shut down and re-started, Word defaults to a 1 x

6
narrow label, whereas L7160 3 x 7 are required.

I have tried to alter the default labels and once done, it remains in

place
during the computer's session, including closing Word entirely, but not
after a re-start.

As a non-expert Word user, I'm completely baffled.

Any ideas are greatfully received.

NEIL

word xp crashes after macros are recorded kharris0405 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 05 11:50 PM
WordPerfect - copying formatting Morgan Page Layout 1 January 10th 05 06:00 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Labels problem with Word 97 Neil Jarman Page Layout 1 December 25th 04 02:22 AM