John Barnes

Default automatic row numbering in a table column

How does one automate the numbering of say column 1 in sequential rows in the
following format

1.1.1.1 then next row 1.1.1.2 etc etc currently this has to be done
manually for every row which is very tedious especially when one inserts a
row into an already numbered procedure say, then you have to manually
renumber every cell in column one on every suceedng row
--
John G. Barnes

John Barnes

Thanks for the tips. I will go through this slowly. I am sure though that you
cannot get 4 levels of numbers in the preset selections available, I think
you only get 1.2 1.3 SORT OF SEQUENCES etc etc but I will check it out and
let you know-thanks