Lighthouse

Default Table captions in Word template

Is there a way to programmatically display the table caption on each
page of a multi-page table to which the caption is attached?

I'd like to do this in the template so that it automatically backfixes
documents already done. This also should be as "hands-off" as possible
b/c my Word document is actually generated by another application that
spills the content out of a db into the Word template. For this reason
it is undesirable to attach the caption to the table as a cell and
apply the table heading row feature.
Is anyone aware of an easy fix to accomplish this? TIA

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Lighthouse,

Is there a way to programmatically display the table caption on each
page of a multi-page table to which the caption is attached?

Word provides no way to do this. The closest is the Heading Row feature.
But this can be applied programmatically.

The only other possibility that occurs to me would be to place the table
in its own section, uncouple the header/footer from the preceding and
following sections, then put the caption in the header/footer range.

If you want to do anything programmatically, you should followup in a
word.vba or office.developer newsgroup.

I'd like to do this in the template so that it automatically backfixes
documents already done. This also should be as "hands-off" as possible
b/c my Word document is actually generated by another application that
spills the content out of a db into the Word template. For this reason
it is undesirable to attach the caption to the table as a cell and
apply the table heading row feature.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org