Sandra

Default Keeping first row of multiplage table

In Excel, I can say I want the first row (my column headins/titles) to print
at the top of every page. I have a 20 page table in a Word doc and I want it
to do the same thing. is that possible in Word?

TF

Select the Row and then go to the Table menu and select 'Heading Rows
Repeat'.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Sandra" wrote in message
: In Excel, I can say I want the first row (my column headins/titles) to
print
: at the top of every page. I have a 20 page table in a Word doc and I want
it
: to do the same thing. is that possible in Word?
:
:

If printing on every page is all you're concerned about, you can, as Terry
says, mark the first row(s) as heading row(s), and they will repeat on every
page. Note, however, that there isn't any way to get the same effect in Word
as Freeze Panes in Excel, as you can see the heading row(s) only if you have
the top of the page in view (and they aren't displayed at all in Normal
view).