Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Trish Trish is offline

Default Word 2003 - adjusting row heiht

I have text in a table (a number of bullet points in each cell). The table
row height is much greater than the column with the most text (if you know
what I mean), ie there is too much white space at the botton of each of those
cells. I have selected these (adjoining) cells in a row and tried
everything to reduce the row height. I have tried Autofit, I have tried
going to properties and even putting the specified height at 0! It makes no
difference. Even changing Exactly to At Least doesn't make a differece.
Here's the thing ... I can actually increase the row height using the
properties, but cannot reduce it. Any suggesions would be most welcome!
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

A bullet style allows the user to set spacing before and after the bullet
(paragraph).
I beleive that your bullet style is placing 12 or more points after the
bullet text (paragarph). The row height cannot override this setting. The
bottom margin associated with the row height begins after paragraph spacings.
If you have placed a hard return after the bullet then the spacing will be
very big.

Select the bulleted paragraph.
Select the format menu, paragraph,
on the indents and spacing tab, in the spacing section, set/re-set the
before/after spacing.

Caution since the bullets are created by a style, the original spacing can
re-assert itself.
--
Tom Conrad

"Trish" wrote:

I have text in a table (a number of bullet points in each cell). The table
row height is much greater than the column with the most text (if you know
what I mean), ie there is too much white space at the botton of each of those
cells. I have selected these (adjoining) cells in a row and tried
everything to reduce the row height. I have tried Autofit, I have tried
going to properties and even putting the specified height at 0! It makes no
difference. Even changing Exactly to At Least doesn't make a differece.
Here's the thing ... I can actually increase the row height using the
properties, but cannot reduce it. Any suggesions would be most welcome!
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Trish Trish is offline

Thanks Tom.

"Trish" wrote:

I have text in a table (a number of bullet points in each cell). The table
row height is much greater than the column with the most text (if you know
what I mean), ie there is too much white space at the botton of each of those
cells. I have selected these (adjoining) cells in a row and tried
everything to reduce the row height. I have tried Autofit, I have tried
going to properties and even putting the specified height at 0! It makes no
difference. Even changing Exactly to At Least doesn't make a differece.
Here's the thing ... I can actually increase the row height using the
properties, but cannot reduce it. Any suggesions would be most welcome!
Thanks!

Margin adjusting bar in Word? Word_User Microsoft Word Help 1 May 19th 07 08:50 PM
Adjusting header grouper34 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 25th 07 04:49 PM
adjusting size Meg Tables 1 December 6th 06 08:41 PM
Row Height Not Adjusting eob Tables 1 July 6th 06 06:23 PM
Adjusting Table format Word 2003 pablo Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 06 10:33 AM