Rosanne Ramos

Default Possible to put a frame in a table?

Hi Community,

I'm interested in putting a frame containing checkboxes into a table, but
i've read that this isn't possible. Does anyone know of any VB code I could
use that would allow me to "trick" Word into letting me put a frame in a
table?

Rosanne Ramos
San Diego, CA

Rosanne Ramos
San Diego, California USA

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

None that I've ever seen. In this TechTrax article, you can see that
when I've needed to add framed checkboxes with a table, it's a tricky
business to format multiple tables and frames to get the look you
need.

Understanding Frames and Anchors in Word

However, unless you're creating exclusive checkboxes, you CAN just
drop the checkbox right into the table cell itself...but I'll guess
you may already know that fact and DO need the frame?

If that's the case, you'll need to get creative with your table/frame
formatting to get it right.

(Although I will also watch this thread to see if anyone DOES come up
with a trick...as I'd also love to know about it.)

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 09:23:02 -0800, "Rosanne Ramos"
wrote:

Hi Community,

I'm interested in putting a frame containing checkboxes into a table, but
i've read that this isn't possible. Does anyone know of any VB code I could
use that would allow me to "trick" Word into letting me put a frame in a
table?

Rosanne Ramos
San Diego, CA

Rosanne Ramos
San Diego, California USA

Rosanne Ramos

Thank you Dian for your response! I'll definitely look at the article. Also,
Jezebel made a comment object model (I also posted this in the
Programming forum), so I'll look in that direction, too.