Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HinJinShah HinJinShah is offline

Default How to Split Multi Page Word Doc In Multiple Separate Documents

Just wondering as how can Split my multi page document into multiple documents.
e.g. if there is a document named hello with five pages in it. How can i
split it into five different documents? Especially when i am not using
Headings options ...
Infact, I was trying to convert a multi page word doc to multiple html files
but cannot do it .. so thought of spliting the word doc into separate
documents and then converting it ..
is there a way to accomplish multiple files of html withouth create separa
word documents

any help will be highly appreciated,

regards
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to Split Multi Page Word Doc In Multiple Separate Documents

How to split a multi-page Word document into multiple separate documents:
  1. Open the multi-page Word document that you want to split.
  2. Scroll down to the page where you want to split the document.
  3. Place your cursor at the beginning of the page.
  4. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  5. Click on the "Breaks" button in the "Page Setup" section of the ribbon.
  6. Select "Next Page" under the "Section Breaks" section.
  7. Repeat steps 3-6 for each page where you want to split the document.
  8. Once you have inserted section breaks at all the necessary pages, save the document.
  9. Go to the "File" tab in the ribbon and select "Save As."
  10. Choose a location to save the new documents and give them unique names.
  11. In the "Save as type" dropdown menu, select "Word Document (*.docx)".
  12. Click "Save".
  13. Repeat steps 9-12 for each section of the original document that you want to save as a separate document.

Alternatively, if you want to convert the multi-page Word document to multiple HTML files without creating separate Word documents, you can use the "Save As" function and select "Web Page (*.htm; *.html)" as the file type. This will save the entire document as an HTML file, but you can then open the HTML file in a web browser and copy and paste the content for each page into separate HTML files.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Could probably be done with a macro, but for only 5 pages just select & copy
each segment 0ne at a time and paste to a new doc. Save the new file in
whatever format you wish.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"HinJinShah" wrote in message
Just wondering as how can Split my multi page document into multiple
documents.
e.g. if there is a document named hello with five pages in it. How can i
split it into five different documents? Especially when i am not using
Headings options ...
Infact, I was trying to convert a multi page word doc to multiple html
files
but cannot do it .. so thought of spliting the word doc into separate
documents and then converting it ..
is there a way to accomplish multiple files of html withouth create separa
word documents

any help will be highly appreciated,

regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HinJinShah HinJinShah is offline

Default How to Split Multi Page Word Doc In Multiple Separate Document

Well.. Thats just for an example . i have documents spanning more than
hundred pages or so ..
infact these are the school level subject notes, which we need to put on web
as web pages for access of students...

"CyberTaz" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, why didn't you say so?:-)

Have a look here thanks to MVP Graham Mayor:

http://gmayor.com/copying_selected_text.htm

The macro called CutPageToNewDoc is pretty close to what you want but you
may want to modify it if you have the know-how. If not, post back & perhaps
Graham or one of the VBA-Savvy regulars will provide you with something more
to your needs.