Fred Holmes

Default Search/find in all open documents

Is there any way to command a "find" process to continue to search all
open document files? It's a pain to have to manually switch to the
"next window" (next open document) and re-start the search, when I'm
looking for hits in all of the open documents.

I don't find such an option in the "find" dialog.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes
Michael R

Fred Holmes wrote:
Is there any way to command a "find" process to continue to search all
open document files? It's a pain to have to manually switch to the
"next window" (next open document) and re-start the search, when I'm
looking for hits in all of the open documents.

I don't find such an option in the "find" dialog.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes

No, different documents are different objects to Word. Word does not
have that functionality. It's a pain to have to actually type also, but
Word hasnt been able to figure out a way to do that yet hahaha.

Have a nice weekend everyone
Graham Mayor

You could lash up a macro to do this.
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm will show you how to batch replace
on a folder of files, which should provide a start point, but there's no way
to do this manually from the find dialog.

Fred Holmes wrote:
Is there any way to command a "find" process to continue to search all
open document files? It's a pain to have to manually switch to the
"next window" (next open document) and re-start the search, when I'm
looking for hits in all of the open documents.

I don't find such an option in the "find" dialog.

Thanks,

Fred Holmes

Fred Holmes

Many thanks.